If you are an academic at a university or college, or if you are a member of an accounting association; and you hold a position at lecturer level or above, and have been involved in accountancy teaching, researching, writing or consultancy work for over five years, then AIA Academic Membership could be for you.
"AIA offers a range of qualifications for today’s business professionals, which are recognised throughout the industry in over 30 countries worldwide."
Academic Membership is a unique category of membership which allows you to access the benefits and resources of a professional accountancy body for a reduced subscription rate.
AIA Academic Members enjoy a range of benefits and support:
- Network - meet other professionals through AIA events and Branches
- Continuing Professional Development - AIA runs a regular programme of CPD
- International Accountant – six issues of the digital edition of the AIA magazine each year
- AIA website – access information 24/7
- AIA Accountancy e-News – weekly e-newsletter, bringing the latest accountancy news and developments direct to you
- AIA e-Publications - news, resources and technical information
- Professional designation - use the designation FAIA(Acad)
- Resources - access to professional advice, guidance and assistance on accountancy matters
Membership is renewed annually and you must continue to be employed in academia to be eligible for this category of membership.