CPD Units: 1
David Potts is director of operations at the Association of International Accountants (AIA) and is based at AIA head office.
David joined AIA in 2011 and is responsible for maintaining AIA's international recognition and implementing the professional body's regulatory strategies, including management of an annual review cycle in compliance with statutory regulation from regulators such as the Financial Reporting Council (FRC), the Irish Accounting and Auditing Supervisory Authority (IAASA), HM Treasury and the Office for Professional Body Anti-Money Laundering Supervision (OPBAS).
He has experience of representing AIA to international governments and stakeholders, travelling internationally and within the UK to ensure AIA's recognition and promote the standard of AIA's qualification and membership.
During this session David will provide members with an update on AML, covering areas including:
- How AML Regulations affect your practice.
- Criminal Record Checks – why these are important in the fight against money laundering.
- Customer Due Diligence – the importance of risk assessing clients.
- Trust or Company Service Provider – what you need to know and do.
- Reporting suspected money laundering activity – key indicators of suspicious activity and how to lodge a report.
- Free Anti Money Laundering Compliance software.
If you are unable to join us for this FREE webinar you are able to pay for the recording to watch at a time more convenient to you.
CPD796 Members - Free
CPD797 Non-Members – Free
CPD798 Recording (£15)
You must book your place by the 14 February 2019 to allow us time to set up the webinar and ensure that you are able to log in.
- Book online through My AIA (Please make a note of the booking codes above).
- Phone 0191 493 0282 to pay by credit card
TERMS & CONDITIONS
If you have to cancel or transfer, the full fee will be transferred to a future event, provided notice is received not less than 24 hours prior to the event. If you cancel or transfer later than this, the full fee will be charged to that event. Alternatively, a substitute delegate would be welcome at no extra charge.
Where circumstances force the AIA to change the details of or cancel a webinar, the liability of the AIA will be limited to a refund of fees for that particular webinar. The AIA is not liable for any consequential loss.