On the 26 February the world famous Café de Paris, located in the West End of London, played host to the annual PQ magazine awards. The awards now in their 16th year recognise the future generation of accountants, and the hard work they undertake in order to qualify; as well as those who educate and nurture them on their journey.
The AIA has a longstanding relationship with the annual PQ magazine awards, and for 2019 the AIA were pleased to sponsor and present the ‘Online College of the Year’ award.
Competition for the award was fierce with HTFT Partnership, Learn Signal, London School of Business and Finance, Premier Training and Training Link all shortlisted for the coveted accolade.
AIA Chief Executive, Philip Turnbull had the privilege of awarding the trophy to eventual winners, Training Link.
Congratulations to all of the other award winners:
- Student Body of the Year – NCASS
- Accountancy Body of the Year - AAT
- Accountancy College of the Year (Public) – University of Liverpool
- Accountancy College of the Year (Private) – All Inclusive Advice and Training
- Online College of the Year – Training Link
- Lecturer of the Year (Public) – Yasar Zahid, Manchester Metropolitan University
- Lecturer of the Year (Private) – Brigita Petrova, LSBF
- Study Resource of the Year – Mindful Education
- Innovation in Accountancy – London South Bank University
- Best Use of Social Media – CIMA & AICPA
- Training Manager of the Year – Brunilda Aliaj & Daniel Amoakah, Training Place of Excellence
- Accountancy Team of the Year – Listers Group Ltd.
- Accountancy Personality of the Year – Mary Ofili
- Editor’s Special Awards #1 – UK ACCA Distance Learning Students Facebook Group
- Editor’s Special Awards #2 – Avado – Working with Xero
- Editor’s Special Awards #3 – Polly Thrasivoulou
- Apprentice of the Year – Zane Salmon
- NQ of the Year – Sophie Medwell
- Distance Learning Student of the Year – James McDowell
- PQ of the Year – Rebecca Dixon
Commenting on the evening, AIA Chief Executive, Philip Turnbull said: "As always the PQ Awards have proven to be a great success; providing a fantastic opportunity to meet and network with the future generation of accountants and educational establishments in a social environment.
Congratulations to all of the worthy award nominees and winners. In particicular to Gloria Murray (AIA Council Member) on being nominated for the prestigious ‘Accountancy Personality of the Year’. The award nomination is testament to her continued drive and determination to make a positive impact on her clients and their businesses.
"Moving forward we look to continue working closely with PQ magazine, as we help to guide, develop and nurture our students journey on the path to becoming fully qualified accountants."