Like many professionals, as an AIA member you are required to complete Continuing Professional Development (CPD) throughout your career.
WHO HAS TO DO CPD?
All of our Associate, Fellow and Academic members, and some of our Retired members, are required to complete CPD on an annual basis. If you're fully retired and undertake no accountancy work, you will be exempt from the CPD requirements, but you should contact Membership Services to confirm your status, if you're not sure. If you're unable to fully complete your CPD due to personal circumstances, please contact Membership Services for guidance.
WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO DO?
To meet our CPD requirements you must:
- Complete at least 20 units of verifiable CPD each year
- Complete at least 120 units of CPD over a rolling three-year period
- Keep your online CPD record up-to-date
- Complete your annual CPD declaration on 1 October every year
- Keep evidence supporting your CPD Record for each rolling three-year period (in case you're selected for a review)
Our approach to CPD is in line with IES 7, the International Education Standard for CPD, set by the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC).
HELP & SUPPORT
You can find more in-depth information about our CPD requirements and how to approach your CPD planning in our CPD Guide, which can be downloaded from the Related Documents panel.
If you have any questions or any concerns about your CPD, please contact Membership Services, who will be happy to help you.